Accounts Payable Associate
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
Paying da bills. If you’ve done it Accounts Payable, you know there’s so much more that goes into it than just cutting a check or scheduling a payment. We’re in search of an Accounts Payable Associate that will prepare invoices, record transactions, and maintain all payment records. We don’t underestimate the importance of the AP function, so you’ll have the support you need in an environment that leads to happy people.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Pay the bills; you’ll match and pay Merchandise PO invoices promptly and accurately
- Clarify any questionable invoice items, such as cost and quantity
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Anticipate needs and resolves issues promptly to ensure timely payment of vendor invoices; occasionally by using the Force
- Partner with our vendors, distribution center, and buyers to resolve any concerns
- Identifies areas of opportunity for process improvement and recommend solutions
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Paper stack: High School diploma or GED
- At least 1-2 years of previous accounting and accounts payable experience (retail environment preferred)
- Excel wiz status; you’ll bring chops in Excel and AP retail merchandising software
- Accuracy and attention to detail; you sweat the small stuff when it comes to numbers - 10 key is a plus!
- Team player mentality with a drive for growth. Sounds cliché, but we’re serious about it!
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.