Store Systems Support Analyst- POS
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We're looking for a Store Systems Support Analyst to join our team and provide stellar technical support for stores, HQ, and DC customers by serving as an escalation point for key issues. This position reports to the IT Support Manager and will provide guidance and training to our superstar team of Help Desk Associates!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Ensures timely and effective resolution to all POS Support calls by providing technical and procedural support, serving as an escalation point for key issues.
- Monitors ticket queues and assigns them timely and accurately.
- Deploy and support custom code and script as necessary to update and maintain POS application systems.
- Maintains and updates the Helpdesk Call Management system when required.
- Identifies escalation situations and escalates them timely and accurately.
- Serves as an initial point of contact on team support and technical issues.
- Coordinates issue resolution with other support areas, as required.
- Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Cross trains Helpdesk analyst with updated procedures and troubleshooting guidelines.
- Documents Helpdesk processes and FAQ documents for the Helpdesk portal.
- Maintains accurate applications and business processes documentation.
- Provides feedback and suggestions to improve Help Desk business process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- A bachelor degree in computer sciences or related fields with a minimum of 3 years of practical experience in help desk support with retail POS systems, or a combination of education with equivalent work experience.
- Experience with incident tracking software (BMC Track-It preferred).
- Comprehensive knowledge or technical exposure on store point of sale peripherals like receipt printer, Pinpad, point of sale systems.
- Experience utilizing patch management software, such as Symantec Altiris
- Experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Batch, VBScript, etc.
- Flexibility working after hours during planned POS application deployments
- Comprehensive knowledge with Microsoft Windows imaging/snapshot, backup recovery procedures, WAN, help desk incident tracking database, MS Access report, Adobe Creative Suite, Parallels, Apple remote Desktop, mobile device management, color management and RIP systems.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of one or more core business concepts in the following areas: Merchandising, Planning, and Store Operations.
- Demonstrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly; desires to deliver first-class services.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, gives honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively, and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Comprehensive knowledge of service desk business process and hardware/software conflict resolution.