Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
Does a fresh Excel spreadsheet hold endless possibilities for you? If so, this role may just be the prefect fit! As a member of the Finance team, you will be integral in efficiently scaling our fast growing business. You’ll build reports, financial models and processes to support a wide range of financial planning and analysis. You’ll be empowered with visibility to the entire organization, which provides a unique opportunity to develop insights that will meaningfully impact our business. You’re a team player who possesses strong analytical skills; critical thinking; and enjoys solving complex business problems.
Pay range starting at $70,000-$75,000.
Please note the pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but other factors such as an individual’s education, location, meeting the minimum job requirements for the role, training and experience, will determine the final salary for potential new hires.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly management reporting - analyzing financial results, understanding key trends, assessing current and future business risks and opportunities while communicating insights
- Support the forecasting process, including department T&E, Facilities and other OPEX forecasting
- Assist with preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly financial analysis schedules of actual vs. budget variances.
- Leverage systems to build process and tools to support analysis
- Develops daily store sales plans based on prior year trends, recent trends, and management
- Perform tracking and analysis of store performance
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 1-2 years related work experience in financial analysis; your feet are wet and ready to dive into deeper waters
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Technical chops: solid MS Excel/spreadsheet skills and are comfortable working with complex financial models
- Although not an accounting position, you will be working closely with our accounting department and should have a solid understanding of accounting principles #mathskills
- You work well in a demanding, fast-paced environment and can manage competing priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize appropriately, cope well with change, and maintain composure under pressure
- Drive; you’re highly self-motivated, you have a stellar work ethic and you’re looking for the right company to support your growth potential