Store Help Desk Lead
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We're looking for a Store Help Desk Lead to join our team or Avengers supporting our stores, HQ & DC employees with technical support needs. Our Help Desk team keeps the signals flowing by responding to telephone calls, email and personnel requests. Researching and resolving technical problems as well as tracking and monitoring issues to ensure a timely resolution.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Day to day management of help desk first level support and Escalations
- Manage on and off boarding of staff and Training
- Assist with maintaining inventory of hardware, software and support assets
- Ensure that the ticketing system is used effectively and efficiently by the team
- Monitor ticket queues and assigns them timely and accurately.
- Ensure timely and effective resolution to all Helpdesk calls by providing technical and procedural support.
- Identify escalation situations and escalate them timely and accurately.
- Identify trends that affect call volumes and makes the Helpdesk staff and manger aware of them.
- Serve as an initial point of contact on team support and technical issues.
- Coordinate issue resolution with other support areas, as required.
- Maintain accurate applications and business processes documentation.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to improve Help Desk business process.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- A bachelor degree in computer sciences or related fields with a minimum of 3 years of practical experience in help desk support, or a combination of education with equivalent work experience.
- Experience with incident tracking software (BMC Track-It preferred).
- Comprehensive knowledge of service desk business process and data analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of PC hardware, network concept and solutions, along with extensive knowledge in the following systems and applications: ICD, MS Office application, Triversity POS, Windows, WAN, help desk incident tracking database, Crystal Report, and MS Access report.
- A dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly; desires to deliver first-class services.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, gives honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively, and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.