Distribution Center Safety & Training Administrator
La Vergne, Tennessee (TNDC) - Full-time
Are you a superhero at assisting others and adding tons of value to a growing team? We are looking for a Distribution Safety & Training Administrator to join the team! In this role you assist with developing and implementing safety programs and drive initiatives to ensure safe working conditions throughout the Company. Assist with on-boarding and training new hires.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develops and implements the Company safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal OSHA requirements.
- Assists management in identifying, developing, and implementing safety guidelines, strategies and programs across the company, to ensure a safe working environment.
- Update and coordinate safety training programs, on-boarding, logs, and materials.
- Provides training as well as participates with management in delivering training programs.
- Leads the efforts to minimum incidents and injuries by ensuring proper training, communicating with relevant departments, and following up with action plans.
- Assists management in responding to safety complaints.
- Organizes the Safety Team meetings to review safety issues and develop solutions.
- Conducts proactive inspections in each department to ensure Company, OSHA, Workers’ Compensation, and other safety standards and regulations are being observed.
- Establishes a network of safety contacts to facilitate communications and implementation of needed programs.
- Maintains all required safety and training related documentation, logs and postings (i.e., MSDS, safety training logs and Workers’ Compensation)
- Conduct training classes for all new hires along with refresher and/or new processes as needed
- Assists with updating Standard Operating Procedures
- Performs other job duties as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2-5 years’ experience in safety, health or loss prevention services desirable.
- Strong knowledge of retail store and/or distribution center operations required.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and workers’ compensation preferred.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated analytical proficiency in data research & interpretation.
- Demonstrated effective time management skills.
- Be organized and detail oriented.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Upholds and furthers Hot Topic’s culture and values. Inquisitiveness and open mind regarding teen music and fashion trends.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift/move for long periods of time. May lift/move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be flexible with schedule
- May be required to use hand tools occasionally.