Manager of IT Service Management
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
Technology keeps the world moving - It’s no different here at Hot Topic. We are looking for a Manager of IT Service Management to join our growing Technology Team. Under the direction of the Sr. Director of Store System and Infrastructure Management, the Manager, IT Service Management is responsible for ongoing support and Monitoring of the technology in use by Retail stores. Responsibility Includes support of POS Application, VeriFone Pinpad, HW, phones, printers, Network as well as all store-based technology. The Ideal candidate will be capable of balancing the daily needs of stores and OPS Support.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Partner with business, vendors and other stakeholders to provide current and reliable technology to store users.
- Provide timely support to resolve technical issues including managing the schedule of support resources to provide optimum store coverage. Ensure customer service is timely and accurate on daily basis.
- Manage technology procurement and configuration for Break/Fix and New Stores as well as assist with all movements of Stores Hardware including long term refresh and HW Certification.
- Manage and mentor support staff, including cross-training to provide coverage flexibility. Establish best practices through the entire technical support processes.
- Provide organizational leadership through performance and demonstration of best practices in technical analysis, business analysis, data management, project management and technical troubleshooting.
- Monitor and support store system integrations to accomplish greater systems availability, performance and stability.
- Work with other technical staff, such as networking to ensure connectivity, compatibility, and integration between systems.
- Maintain, develop, plan, install, improve, configure and test store and systems upgrades and work with store operations to deliver POS updates as needed.
- Maintain business help desk, providing a platform for opening, servicing and reporting on user requests. Maintain service level standards on response times and resolution times.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule and be available for on-call support during evenings and weekends, as needed
- Document system problems and resolutions for future reference; write and maintain system and procedural documentation.
- Maintain iT assets, document all hardware and IT supplies for inventory accuracy.
- Partner with other IT Teams on escalating and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- All other duties assigned
- Hires develops, provides coaching to, and makes compensation recommendations for team members. Defines individual performance objectives and development plans, and ensures alignment with department, function and objectives.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum 5 years experience in Windows, MAC operating systems support and Microsoft Office/365 applications support
- Minimum 3 year’s experience with: Helpdesk systems such as Zendesk/ServiceNow/JIRA Service desk, support of LAN/WAN, supporting retail Stores environment
- Experience with implementing and running Service Desk operations.
- Experience managing a staff of technical resources, specifically help desk/IT and OPS support.
- An understanding of both Mac and Microsoft operating systems and applications support including Microsoft Office/365
- Experience with POS support, preferable Oracle Xstore
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to communicate across all levels (user, management, vendor - business & technical)
- The ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions
- Excellent customer service skills
- SDLC knowledge and other software development methodologies
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and ITSM Methodology concepts preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project for the maintenance of project plans
- Knowledge of Client Management suite Such as Symantec Altiris