Inventory Accounting Analyst
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We are on the hunt for a Senior Inventory Analyst to make a list and check it twice. You will assist in implementing, monitoring, reporting and analyzing various aspects of the inventory process to ensure integrity of our inventory related financial accounts; the role will also identify opportunities to improve controls, efficiencies and productivity. This position, which is in our Finance group based in our corporate HQ, will interface regularly with Distribution Center Operations, Store Operations, IT, and Merchandising.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Conduct inventory analysis to anticipate and resolve potential inventory problems.
- Work with various applications to develop tools and ad-hoc refreshable reports to streamline processes
- Partner with other departments to find ways to improve workflow in order to maximize efficiency & minimize errors
- Identify opportunities within applications tools for enhancement or automation
- Work with various levels of management to implement new process & procedures
- Create SOP documentations & train staffs on new procedures.
- Review and resolve all Interfaces to and from our Oracle Inventory module.
- Complete month end close processes, including posting, closing, and reconciliation of AP Merch & Inventory Accounts.
- Coordinating with AP Merch, Warehouse, IT and varies departments to research and resolve inventory discrepancy
- Analysis landed cost components and reconcile landed cost accrual accounts.
- Prepare quarterly royalties statements & reconcile prepaid payments
- Participate and lead projects as they come up
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Knowledge of Oracle inventory or other major inventory systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of accounts payable and account reconciliations is required.
- BS degree in Accounting or Business with concentration in Accounting, or AA degree in Accounting with five years inventory accounting experience.
- Retail/wholesale merchandise accounts payable experience is preferred.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.