Associate Technical Designer
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
At Hot Topic, we’re passionate about creativity and high performance. We're also passionate about Pop Culture...in case you hadn't noticed. We are looking for an Associate Technical Designer to join our team ensure our garments have consistent and amazing fit.
What You'll Do
- Manage the technical product development process for a portion of, or an assigned product classification; working with Technical Designer, Merchants, and Design Teams to establish the direction of the fit and garment details.
- Create grading specs and garment measurements; developing and/or correcting patterns when necessary.
- Track fit approval and sample process; organize fit samples received, including logging received samples and scheduling fitting; maintain Time & Action (T&A) sample log sheet.
- Create fit comments; note all design and specs discrepancies prior to fittings; review all fit samples against design package to ensure all specifications and design details are adhered to.
- Communicate daily with vendors, Merchants, Design, and Production teams for T&A and product execution.
- Ensure that all company fit standards are upheld.
What You'll Need
- 2 year college degree in fashion merchandising/design with a minimum of 2 years in technical design, pattern making, or quality assurance, or a combination of education with equivalent work experience.
- Previous retail or garment manufacturing experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills including Adobe Illustrator, MS Word and Excel.
- Basic understanding of fit, balance, and garment construction, fabrics and fabric performance.
- Knowledge of fabrics, trims and sewing operations associated with standard product type.