Business Intelligence Analyst
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We’re elevating our big data game. Data is everywhere, and we need someone that can gather and build data visualization tools that bring insights to our work. As the Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst, you’ll have deep analytical skills. This work involves mining data from multiple sources, working with multiple team members to understand their requirements and coming up with a well thought and articulated project plan to develop BI solutions to meet these requirements.
You’ll participate in a wide variety of business intelligence efforts, including the development and maintenance of internal solutions, reports, ad hoc data retrieval and building metrics. You will be working with a variety of data sources to develop, and implement data and business intelligence solutions to enable partners to make data-driven business decisions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate with product teams and business partners to understand problems that can be answered with data
- Utilize Looker, SQL, Excel or other tools like Thoughtspot to dive deep into massive data sets, conduct root cause analysis, and identify outliers
- Identify data trends and recommend solutions for creating more revenue
- Build and manage dashboards that can communicate the right KPI’s to business partners
- Make meaningful correlations and logical insights from data trends
- Identify gaps and data inefficiencies to improve data quality and reports
- Support team and end-users as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) through troubleshooting, recommendation solutions and identifying opportunities to solve business problems through BI
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- At least 6 months of analytics experience working with business partners
- At least 6 months of experience with BI tools like Looker, Tableau, ThoughtSpot
- Minimum 2 years of experience with SQL
- BA Degree in Information Systems, Economics, Business, Computer Science or any other analytical field
- Experience with data analysis in a variety of quantitative fields and experience building data analysis and decision support systems
- Excellent problem solving and visual thinking skills
- Strong storytelling skills to share insights with business partners
- Python and R is a huge plus!
- Experience with eCommerce is a huge plus!
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.