Administration/Support Supervisor - TNDC
La Vergne, Tennessee (TNDC) - Full-time
As a leader of Administration, you'll monitor and direct the daily operations of the support teams that service the Distribution Center; this includes: clerical, contracted on-site staff, facilities/janitorial, security, and safety staff. This position reports to the DC Administration Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead and motivate the support staff to high productivity.
- Make the call (within the set guidelines) on decisions affecting DC support activities. Make recommendations and assist in the formulation of departmental objectives, policies, and plans.
- Work with the Management team and Human Resources to ensure adequate staffing throughout the DC and request additional headcount through temporary agencies when necessary.
- Oversee payroll data entry, attendance information, and report dispersal for Hot Topic associates and staffing services.
- Manage DC supply inventory and oversee purchasing needs.
- Produce and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly budget reports as needed.
- Communicate effectively with other Hot Topic departments, on-site staffing agencies, and DC associates.
- Assist in the execution of details in personnel administration in conjunction with the HR department including; disciplinary actions, performance appraisals, transfers, terminations, etc.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- 3+ years related work experience in supervising administration teams in a fulfillment center or warehouse/distribution center environment; your feet are wet and ready to dive into deeper waters.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Technical chops: solid MS Excel, Access, and PowerPoint skills and experience with Jantek timekeeping systems are a plus.
- You work well in a demanding, fast-paced environment and can manage competing priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize appropriately, cope well with change, and maintain composure under pressure.
- Drive; you’re highly self-motivated, you have a stellar work ethic and you’re looking for the right company to support your growth potential.
- Leadership skills, to lead and develop direct reports.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal & written) and the ability to give honest, direct feedback.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- A collaborative environment without the red tape. Our open floor plan and strict “No Assistants Necessary” policy means everyone from our receptionists to our Director are just a few footsteps away!
- A competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible to fit your needs with optional coverage for family members – including pets!
- All the usual suspects, including: including a generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, music playing and a temperature controlled building!
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.