Visual Merchandising Manager
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
You don’t need to have superman’s laser vision, but you need to have an eye for detail and aesthetic! We are searching for a Visual Merchandising Manager to join our team. This role is responsible for Managing and directing the creation, interpretation, and coordination of visual merchandising standards in the stores. Responsible for evolving visual merchandise presentation, visual memos and store communication documents.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Creates Planograms (POGs), Visual Updates, and Refreshers to support merchandising strategies and marketing campaigns.
- Collaborates with GMM to set vision of POGs; participates in merchandising update meetings to align merchandising presentation with business strategy.
- Works with Buyers to understand, communicate and launch test programs.
- Evaluates POG results based on sales and recommends changes as needed.
- Communicates to store team on all visual direction; ensures brand and visual merchandising consistency; resolves store specific merchandising challenges as needed.
- Develops and conducts DM visual training.
- Reviews and creates new store layouts.
- Manages department deliverables, provides leadership, guidance, and supports to staff members through effective goal setting, performance management, and professional development.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 5 years of corporate visual merchandising experience, preferably with proven track record in retail industry.
- Strong understanding of merchandising strategies and store operations.
- Ability to sketch store and fixture design to communicate design intent.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, Photo Shop, and Publisher.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.