Technical Lead - Order Management Systems (OMS)
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
Technology keeps the world moving - It’s no different here at Hot Topic. We’re looking for a Technical Lead to oversee and maintain our Distribution Center applications by planning and coordinating the processes required for the provision of user applications and systems necessary for our logistics and fulfillment business operations. You’ll partner with the Production Support Team and peers to assist in maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications. In short, you’ll be the driver and glue that keeps our supply chain applications running smoothly; you know how to rally the troops, prioritize and react quickly in a The Flash-like-fast environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Define, analyze, and evaluate existing logistics business functions and processes leveraging WMS systems
- Make recommendations to management on opportunities for process improvements by utilizing and leveraging applications in the logistics space
- Meet with business partners, project managers, and vendor partners to determine project scope and vision, set system goals, identify and resolve system issues, and lead prioritization of build items
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications to stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood
- Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow; you’ll document risks and identify mitigation strategies
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team. This includes creating process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to the team
- Review system design plans for reasonableness and fit within the business requirements
- Manage configuration changes for applications in the WM area
- Define, coordinate, and manage the execution of test cases as part of the Quality Assurance process
- Provide orientation and training to end users for modifications to existing processes and new functionality
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Proficiency in both functional and technical aspects of Manhattan WMOS 2014 and above
- Ability to write and execute complex SQL statements used in the research, investigation and resolution of WMS issues - this is an absolute must
- At least 3 years of experience in Configuration/solutions evaluation/ Validation and deployment for Manhattan WMOS, and at least 2 years on experience in Retail Supply Chain with functional knowledge of Distribution and Logistics
- Solid handle of warehouse management systems (WMS) integration with order management system (OMS), warehouse control system, MHEs, merchandising system and shipping system
- Experience with distribution automation tools like put wall, unit sorter, auto bagger, and shipping sorter.
- Strong team player with the ability to work in project and production support models with a diverse group of individuals across multiple departments
- Flexibility in working with support team & sharing on call rotation duties covering off hours/weekends.
- Deep Analytical, Communication, planning and coordination skills
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.