TNDC- Maintenance Technician, Distribution Center
La Vergne, Tennessee (TNDC) - Full-time
Performs general and preventive maintenance to the MHE (Material-Handling Equipment) and non-MHE in the distribution center. The position reports to Maintenance Supervisor.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Performs scheduled preventative and general maintenance on all DC conveyor systems, Put-To-Light, and related support systems.
- Repairs or replaces all defective components.
- Performs system modification, assembly and fabrication as required.
- Identifies, prioritizes and completes daily general and preventative maintenance of the facility, MHE and non MHE equipment.
- Maintains parts inventory for system components and up-to-date equipment technical materials.
- Documents/Logs activities and work performed on the equipments/systems.
- Communicates with the management on all maintenance progress and issues.
- Adheres to safety procedures and general work guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 3+ years experience working with MHE systems in a preventive maintenance capacity. Minimum 1 year of such previous experience preferred.
- Experience in the area of mechanical, pneumatic and welding is preferred.
- Knowledge of repairing and adjusting conveyor system (such as lace conveyor belts and track conveyor belts, etc.).
- Knowledge and ability to use a wide variety of mechanic tools and equipment.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Upholds and furthers HOTT’s culture and values. Inquisitiveness and open mind regarding teen music and fashion trends.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Distribution center environment with moderate to loud noise level.
- Frequently required to stand, bend and lift/move up to 50 pounds. May lift/move up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- May expose to some chemicals when performing job.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- A collaborative environment without the red tape. Our open floor plan and strict “No Assistants Necessary” policy means everyone from our receptionists to our CEO are just a few footsteps away!
- A competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible to fit your needs with optional coverage for family members – including pets!
- All the usual suspects, including: including a generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, music playing and temperature controlled facility.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.