Part-Time Assistant Store Manager
Florence, KY - Part-Time
At Hot Topic, we’re passionate about a few things: music, pop culture and creating the most amazing in-store experience for our customers and employees.
We’re on the search for an Assistant Store Manager that will help lead the loudest store in the mall. You’ll support the Store Manager in achieving store objectives with regards to hitting sales targets, recruiting, and development. You’re a Harry Potter and Luke Skywalker rolled into one; you can handle anything that comes your way while driving sales and amazing customer service.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support your Store Manager in achieving the sales plan and/or comp sales goals. It’s not all about the Benjamins, but then it kind of is
- Help recruit, develop and retain a super collaborative, passionate team to run your store alongside you
- Provide leadership around running an operationally sound business; you’ll bring the right balance of ops, delegation/autonomy, and customer first selling practices
- Keep watch (like the Night’s Watch) on shrink/loss prevention, payroll hours and schedules
- Collaboratively communicate with retail leadership and HQ partners on trends & customer feedback
- Run sales reports and use data to help guide your strategy to hit sales targets
- Deliver the goods. You’ll merchandise the store in a compelling way, leveraging planograms as a guide, while launching all promos on time
- In partnership with your Store Manager, you’ll develop your team of associates into a high performing, customer-focused crew
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- At least 6 months of retail store management experience; you’ve lead teams to success and want to experience more of it. You’ll have skills to pay the bills: communication, recruiting, operations (payroll, reporting, scheduling, merchandising) and be a developer of your peeps
- Passion for music, fashion and pop culture
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent. If you have a degree, even better
- Roll with the punches. Retail is a fast changing industry and you like catching curveballs thrown your way
Interested in applying for this role? Chat with Alex, our Virtual Job Assistant, on your right to begin the process.