Compensation & Benefits Intern
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Internship
We’re looking for entrepreneurial mindsets, progressive thinkers and creators of culture who have an appreciation for camaraderie and learning. We have a dynamic, highly collaborative environment so you’ll need the energy and communication skills to match. Our 2019 Summer Internship starts June 3rd and ends August 9th. The program provides Interns valuable real life experiences, hourly pay, along with a structured 10 week work plan that is designed to fully immerse you in the retail and ecommerce business. We look forward to meeting you!
We're looking for an amazing intern to join our Compensation and Benefits team! In this role you will provide excellent customer service by answering benefit questions, maintaining associate benefits records, and assisting with implementation of benefit-related special events.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- High-level understanding of benefits & compensation. Including but not limited to benefits plan, retirement plans, and how minimum wage impacts retail
- Answering emails-FAQ and benefits communications
- Auditing live events, dependents POR documents, beneficiary, and eligibility
- Overview of benefits guides and summary plan descriptions
- Overview of court orders and department mail
- Support with open enrollment for all associates
- Support wellness fair planning
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Recent graduate or within 6 months of graduation with a BA, MBA or BS degree
- Intermediate in excel
- Smells like Team Spirit – you work great on a team
- Creativity – you are always thinking outside the box
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.