Retail Operations Manager - 2nd Shift
Riverside, CA - Full-time
Provides leadership and direction for responsible depts. within the distribution facility and the productivity and accuracy performance of these areas of the operation. This position reports to the Director of Distribution / Sr. Operations Manager.
· Assists in the planning, directing, and organizing of the inbound and outbound Retail activities within the distribution center.
· Uses independent judgment within the framework of established policies in decisions affecting DC activities; makes recommendations and assists in formulation of departmental objectives, policies and plans.
· Supervises the physical operations of assigned DC departments; plans, examines, analyzes and evaluates DC operations with respect to safety and quality performance standards.
· Manages building performance to meet or exceed UPH, CPU and SLA expectations.
· Assists in the preparation of reports for management review, evaluates current procedures and resolves operational problems.
· Ensures support of all transportation functions in coordination with traffic managers.
· Executes budget control and expense lines.
· Communicate effectively with other Hot Topic departments, customers and DC associates.
· Assists in the execution of details in personnel administration in conjunction with HR / ER department including; disciplinary actions, performance appraisals, transfers, terminations, etc.
· Assists in the creation and implementation of training programs for associates to include improving communication between departments and associate development of supervisory skills, interpersonal skills and technical skills.
· Plans and manages certified cycle count program to meet count and accuracy expectations.
Performs other job duties as needed.
Experience & Education
· Minimum 5 years management experience in a distribution environment.
· Knowledge of warehousing operations, personnel management and administration techniques.
· Knowledge and experience with current WMS and WCS systems.
Competencies & Skills
· Ability to analyze situations and develop solutions to problems.
· Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
· Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
· Upholds and furthers HOTT’s culture and values. Inquisitiveness and open mind regarding teen music and fashion trends.
· Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change and maintains composure under pressure.
· Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
· A combination of office and distribution center environment. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May lift/move up to 30 pounds occasionally.
· The noise level is usually moderate to loud.