Manager of Internet Fulfillment
Riverside, CA - Full-time
Oversees a staff composed of Team Leads, Supervisors, IFC associates and temporary associates to ensure accurate and timely processing of customer orders. Responsible for all aspects of performance management including partnering with Human Resources on recruiting/interviewing, hiring, training, performance appraisals and recognition. This position reports to the Director, Operations, IFC.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manages and develops staff of 2 direct reports and approximately 50 indirect reports.
- Monitors staff to ensure completion of all fulfillment center tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Makes adjustments to staffing and activities as needed to meet deadlines.
- Identifies opportunities for enhancements and efficiencies in fulfillment processes and product flows.
- Reviews, reconciles and reports shipping charges to ensure freight costs are within budget.
- Monitors supplies necessary for daily operations within designated budget.
- Supports E-Commerce division goals, initiatives, and strategies.
- Ensures safe work practices are followed and maintains a safe work environment.
- Confers with department heads to efficiently unify fulfillment activities with other external functions such as receiving, inventory control, photo shoot, and employee orders.
- Directs supervisory staff, as applicable, in coaching, organization, labor planning, and performance tracking.
- Tracks process accuracy and coaches supervisors in addressing any opportunities.
- Performs other job duties as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- College degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years of retail distribution management experience of a staff of 20 or more.
- Prefer demonstrated experience managing the IFC operations of a mid to large size, semi-automated DC.
- Ability to analyze data to make effective daily operational decisions.
- High level competency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook as well as a warehouse management system such as Manhattan.
- Flexible and adaptive to environment, changes, challenges, job duties and work schedules.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Upholds and furthers HOTT’s culture and values. Inquisitiveness and open mind regarding teen and pop culture, music and fashion trends.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- A combination of office and distribution center environment with moderate to loud noise levels.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May lift/move up to 30 pounds occasionally.