Help Desk Associate
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
At Hot Topic, we’re passionate about creativity and high performance. Our success comes from high-caliber teams that love our product and have a tenacious approach to learning. Supporting HQ and DC, out IT Help Desk team keeps the signals flowing by responding to telephone calls, email and personnel requests. Researching and resolving technical problems as well as tracks and monitors issues to ensure a timely resolution. This role reports into the Manager of Help Desk.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Ensure timely and effective resolution to all Helpdesk calls by providing technical and procedural support.
- Monitor ticket queues and assigns them timely and accurately.
- Identify escalation situations and escalates them timely and accurately.
- Identify trends that affect call volumes and makes the Helpdesk staff and manger aware of them.
- Serve as an initial point of contact on team support and technical issues.
- Coordinate issue resolution with other support areas, as required.
- Maintain accurate applications and business processes documentation.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to improve Help Desk business process.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Minimum of 3 years of practical experience in help desk support, or a combination of education with equivalent work experience.
- Experience with incident tracking software (BMC Track-It preferred).
- Comprehensive knowledge of service desk business process and hardware\software conflict resolution
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of PC & Mac hardware, network concepts and solutions, along with comprehensive knowledge in the following systems and applications: Microsoft Windows & Apple OS X operating systems, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Parallels, mobile device management.
- Demonstrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly; desires to deliver first-class services.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, gives honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively, and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Knowledge of POS (Oracle Xstore preferred)
- Require to be on-site at our HQ in the City of Industry, CA