Sr Analyst - Warehouse Management Systems
La Vergne, Tennessee (TNDC) - Full-time
Technology keeps the world moving - It’s no different here at Hot Topic. We are looking for a hands on experienced System Analyst who will support & manage our order management, call center and omni-channel related applications by planning and coordinating the processes required for the provision of user applications and systems necessary for business operations. You will have the ability to communicate ideas effectively, listen to others’ ideas, collaborate to arrive at great solutions, and build good relationships across a larger organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Define, analyze, and evaluate existing Manhattan Warehouse Management System, configure, test and support business functions and processes leveraging WMS.
- Make recommendations to management on opportunities for process improvements by utilizing and leveraging applications in this space.
- Meet with business partners, project managers, and vendor partners to determine project scope and vision, set system goals, identify and resolve system issues, and lead prioritization of build items.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications to stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow; document risks and identify mitigation strategies.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developer’s/project team, this includes creating process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to the team.
- Review system design plans with vendor, internal team and consultants for reasonableness and fit within the business requirements
- Manage configuration changes for applications in the Warehouse Management System.
- Define, coordinate, and manage the execution of test cases as part of the Quality Assurance process.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for modifications to existing processes and new functionality.
- Create ad-hoc reports as needed by DC operations
- Provide application support required for order management and other integration systems.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with a focus in Information Technology or Supply Chain Management desired
- 5 years of experience with a Warehouse Management System preferred (Manhattan Associates preferred)
- Significant experience supporting technology solutions for end users
- Highly motivated with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize work, and operate independently with minimal direction
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Positive attitude persistent, action-oriented, and a strong sense of accountability
- Strong experience with relational databases and how to write SQL queries
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, project team and other departments within the organization
- Good verbal and written skills to communicate with associates and all levels of management
- Interfaces with management and supervision to ensure proper adoption and utilization of technology solutions
- Work effectively within a team environment
- Self-motivated and able to manage by exception
- Resolve conflicts/discrepancies positively and professionally
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in team setting.
- Good understanding of warehousing and physical distribution concepts.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as dictated by business needs
- Broad cross-functional experience in Distribution Center environments
- Strong knowledge of warehouse management processes within a Distribution Center environment using RF, Put To Light & Voice Pick technologies.