Associate Merchandise Planner
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
Do you have organization skills so strong that your name might as well be Hermione? We’re looking for a Merchandise Planner to join the licensed product team and grow with us! In this role you’ll plan and analyze assigned merchandise categories. You’ll also communicate hit, misses and go-forward strategies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Analyze all aspects of the business including margin, sales, promotions, inventory, markdowns and product specific opportunities.
- Understand and optimize sales opportunities by channel.
- Communicate hits, misses, and go-forward strategies to the cross-functional team.
- Collaborate with buying team to determine business opportunities & with e-comm team to develop web sales strategies
- Develops pre-season top-down/bottom-up level plans for sales, inventory, markdowns and margin in partnership with the Planning Manager and buyer.
- Initiates analysis of business trends, including but not limited to, category performance, regional, selling, and size selling.
- Manages the Open to Buy with the Manager and the Buyer.
- Recommends test strategies based on current category performance and initiates analysis.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- An Entrepreneurial spirit & the ability to drive the decision making process
- 2-3 years of retail allocation and merchandise planning experience.
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience or conceptual understanding of the Arthur Allocation System
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- A positive outlook & an ability to go with the flow and adapt with change
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.