Labor and Scheduling Analyst
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We’re elevating our big data game. Data is everywhere, and we need someone that can be responsible for analyzing and tracking labor and sales trends, payroll reporting, data forecasting, and creating analyzing test cases with the Kronos Labor Scheduling System Module. Analyst will ensure Kronos Labor Scheduling System Module is running smoothly on a daily basis, executing operational tasks related to the system and payroll processes, and providing insightful auditing and payroll reporting functions. Position will be responsible for allocating and managing all store level labor and developing strong relationships with the Store Operations field team and with cross-functional partners.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support management decision-making by providing weekly/monthly reports and analysis related to Kronos Scheduler and Timekeeping and other value-added ad hoc projects
- Track and analyze various sales and KPI results and summarize trends and opportunities, be able to draw conclusions and provide recommendations based on data analysis.
- Create Sales and Labor forecast schedules that align labor hours with sales trends and payroll while adhering to all company and regulatory scheduling policies.
- Review Sales and Labor forecasts to ensure data integrity and compare with forecasts from the Finance team to ensure we are in line with our sales and payroll budgets.
- Consolidate data and prepare analyses by checking for reasonability and accuracy
- Produce and publish weekly payroll reporting
- Create and analyze ad hoc reports as well as create data feeds and interface files
- Audit schedules weekly including availability, mgmt. shifts, audit trails of individual schedules.
- Audit and analyze discrepancies between planned shifts vs. scheduled shifts.
- Ensure all data loaded into Kronos is current and accurate (to include the following):
- Weekly: payroll plans, custom and sales plan load files
- Validate weekly payroll and sales plans to ensure we are within budgeted targets
- Provide advanced functional/technical support in Kronos including support tickets, system delegation requests.
- Partner with Field Training to address training issues and communications to stores
- Work on special projects within Kronos such as building and testing of labor standards, tasks, and task group
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Preferred Hot Topic field experience or 2-5 years of progressive retail experience
- Knowledge of Kronos Workforce Scheduling system preferred (or other automated scheduling system)
- Proficient in Python/Unix/Windows scripting
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.