Senior Inventory Analyst
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We are on the hunt for a Senior Inventory Analyst to make a list and check it twice (no reindeer needed). You will assist in implementing, monitoring, reporting and analyzing various aspects of the inventory process to ensure integrity of our inventory related financial accounts; the role will also identify opportunities to improve controls, efficiencies and productivity. This position, which is in our Finance group based in our corporate HQ, will interface regularly with Distribution Center Operations, Store Operations, IT, and Merchandising. In addition to ensuring inventory integrity, the Senior Inventory Analyst will also assist the Inventory Accounting Manager and Controller with special projects as needed, including implementing a cycle counting program for our Distribution Centers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner with the Distribution Centers to plan, implement, monitor, report on and analyze a cycle count program.
- Support planning and preparation activities related to periodic store physical inventory counts; perform analysis and reporting of results as needed.
- Ensure there are adequate and efficient inventory controls throughout our operational processes and work with DC Ops to ensure compliance.
- Perform periodic reconciliations between financial systems (Lawson), stock ledger (RMS) and WMS systems.
- Research and identify root causes for inventory inaccuracies between systems.
- Interface with our financial auditors (PwC) and other auditors to ensure timely and accurate response to requests.
- Collaborate with Distribution Center Ops, Store Ops and IT to review, monitor, and implement processes and system improvements.
- Assist the Inventory Accounting Manager and Controller with special projects and reporting.
- Assess large amounts of data and extract pertinent information to deliver back to various business leaders.
- Analyze physical inventory data to produce accurate reporting that provides insights on shrink results and trends. Partner with Loss Prevention to support and assist with shrink initiatives.
- Provide guidance and direction to more junior members of the inventory accounting team, as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, or Supply Chain or equivalent experience
- Advanced Computer skills (MS Office, ERP, WMS, etc.)
- Proven analytical skills- SQL, VBA-Macros, (Advanced Excel, Pivot tables, VLookups), BI Tools, Dashboard Creation
- Experience in project management and able to direct activities across different functional teams to achieve a variety of inventory integrity goals
- Self-directed, able to work independently, in a fast pace environment with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrate quantitative and analytical skills for problem solving
- Creative problem solving skills with a track record of innovative solutions
- Ability to successfully leverage technology and financial systems to extract and analyze data
- Experience with Lawson or similar ERP system as well as WMS systems.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.