Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
Accounting and Tax, like peanut butter and jelly, go together well here at Hot Topic. We’re in search of a Tax Accountant on our team to help ensure proper tax compliance for sales tax, use tax, personal property tax, and business licenses. You’ll handle the remittance of all tax returns, payments, and research of tax inquires, along with the occasional lip sync battle.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Handle sales, and use tax returns, filing them timely and accurately. You’re constantly looking for ways to identify full discounts when available.
- Work with outside tax authorities performing research and gathering information to facilitate sales tax audits.
- Prepare written communication for Indirect Tax issues (i.e., refund claims, needed exemption forms, etc.)
- Provides customer service to business partners within the organization.
- Prepare monthly journal entries timely and accurately.
- Evaluate and recommends improvement to current methodology used to collect and report data for the required sales tax returns.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor degree in accounting or related discipline.
- 1+ years of experience in corporate tax accounting or general accounting concepts.
- Solid MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
- Impeccable customer service skills; you’ll be collaborating with various teams so you’ll need a service-first mindset.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.