Assistant Buyer - Headwear and Hosiery
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
At Hot Topic, we’re passionate about creativity and high performance. Our success comes from high-caliber teams that love our product and have a tenacious approach to learning, innovating and being the best at what they do. Our culture is people-centric; we believe in giving every individual the power to shape their own careers by providing the tools to get there.
We’re searching for an Assistant Buyer to help manage our headwear and hosiery categories. You’ll play a huge part in ensuring that our headwear and hosiery assortment is on trend, relevant and selling through to our customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support your team in achieving sales and margin objectives for seasonal buy plans
- Assist your Buyer in the selection and purchase of product from vendor lines and internal product development team to augment planned assortments based on trend data. You'll have a hand in everything from vendor meetings and sample management to trend analysis and analytics
- Partner with with vendors and provide an amazing experience with our brand
- Be a team player; you'll work closely with a broad array of business groups. You'll do a great job of maintaining solid relationships with our stores, vendors, distribution centers and planning teams
- Anything else that might come up!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Associates Degree or higher, or equivalent work experience
- At least 1 year progressive experience as an Assistant Buyer and the ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Product Development or Merchandising knowledge is helpful. The more you know about product life cycle, the better!
- Availability to regularly attend concerts and fashion events to remain keen on current trends – fashion, music, culture, and other innovations regarding music/fashion. Tough work, huh?
- Knowledge on pop culture & fashion trends; it's super helpful if you have a passion for our product!
- Deep analytical skills and quantitative abilities. You can crunch numbers and aren't afraid of the words: analysis & Microsoft Excel
- Last but definitely not least; you'll need to be a team player with a positive attitude. This is a high volume category so you'll need to thrive in a fast paced environment and have an amazing attention to detail.