Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
Pop culture. Music. Fashion. If you’re as crazy about them as we are, join our team already! We're looking for an organized and collaborative Merchandise Coordinator. This role will provide administrative support to the Buyer and Assistant Buyer as well as communicate and follow up with the DC and vendors to track orders in progress.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Inputs and reconciles store price changes.
- Writes and submits purchase orders (PO's) and tickets to vendors.
- Creates PO's and worksheets for Merchandising Admin.
- Follows up on incoming and late orders.
- Processes, turns in and tracks samples.
- Helps coordinate samples, meets deadlines and follows up with vendors to get samples and images in a timely manner.
- Organizes work that needs to be distributed to Merchandising Admin.
- Sets up and assists in meetings with vendors.
- Assists in style outs and maintains sample room.
- Creates status on website items.
- Performs other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Comprehensive working knowledge of MS Suite
- Ability to successfully prioritize and complete projects with effective time management skills
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator
- Upholds and furthers HOTT’s culture and values. Inquisitiveness and open mind regarding teen music and fashion trends
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May lift/move up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- Regular travel is not expected though travel for some project rollouts may be needed.