Sr. Marketing Content Writer
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
You don’t need to have Superman’s laser vision, but you need to have an eye for detail and aesthetic! We’re looking for an experienced Senior Marketing Content Writer to join the Hot Topic Marketing department. You’ll work closely with management team members across the company to develop effective marketing communication strategies as well as lead the Hot Topic Copywriting team in creating fun and informative product descriptions for our website.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Oversee copy for Pop Culture, Music and Edgy fashion-related (non-DTR) programs such as seasonal/trend launches, i.e. Spring, Back To School, Halloween, Holiday, and merchandise property and brand launches. Develop on-brand marketing copy for in-house brands and work with cross functional partners to ensure copy message is consistent.
- Partner with marketing team members on merchandise deliveries, line sheets and photo/marketing campaigns to develop compelling and relevant campaign copy.
- Write a broad range of creative and compelling marketing communications for existing and new properties including website content, emails, banner ads, press releases, social media posts and more as requested by marketing team members.
- Work with managers across the company to develop effective copy
- Provide critical quality assurance assistance for junior writers to include proposing edits, suggesting different copy direction, double checking source material in regards to show/character references etc.
- Possess a “can do” spirit of accountability, helpfulness, inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, marketing communications/advertising, or a related field
- At least seven years of professional writing experience with an outstanding portfolio
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications.
- Demonstrated experience writing for digital and social media marketing
- Ability to quickly absorb knowledge about Bands and Pop Culture properties
- Experience managing and developing a team of copywriters.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.