Business License Associate
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
We're in search of a Business License Associate to support the Tax Department here at Hot Topic, Inc! This role will assist in collecting necessary financial information, researching business license inquiries, and remitting license applications and payments. The position reports to Manager, Tax.
This role operates on a hybrid schedule and will require to work from our HQ located in the City of Industry, CA two days a week.
Pay range starting at $22/hr - $26.50/hr.
Please note the pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but other factors such as an individual’s education, location, meeting the minimum job requirements for the role, training and experience, will determine the final salary for potential new hires.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Prepare, file and pay all business licenses, annual reports & permits (including occupational taxes) for all Hot Topic, Inc. legal entities
- Prepare written communication for all licensing issues
- Provide customer service to other teams as needed (such as helping AP to secure the proper checks) and obtaining new store and kiosk business licenses for the construction team on an expedited basis
- Reconcile Tax Department credit card charges monthly
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in business licenses preferred
- Solid MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment; gives honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize appropriately, cope well with change, and maintain composure under pressure
- Accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively, and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift/move up to 10 pounds. May lift/move up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- Regular travel is not expected though travel for some project rollouts may be needed.