Associate Production Manager
Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
At Hot Topic, we’re passionate about creativity and high performance. We're also passionate about Pop Culture...in case you hadn't noticed. We’re looking for an Associate Production Manager to partner with our Product Development team in bringing music and pop culture inspired fashion to life. Apparel production takes a village, and you’re known as the one that’s able to bring it all together. The result: amazing product that our customers love.
This role operates on a hybrid schedule and will require to work from our HQ located in the City of Industry, CA two days a week.
Pay range is $65,000-$70,000
Please note the pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but other factors such as an individual’s education, location, meeting the minimum job requirements for the role, training and experience, will determine the final salary for potential new hires.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage the fashion non-licensed apparel production process from design handoff to finished product - develop and source new fabrics, yarns, and trims; obtain all approvals for fabric, lab dip, and trims, ensure tech pack turnovers to sourcing partners; troubleshoot and come up with options to resolve issues in development/production and quality
- Work closely with the merchant & product development team to ensure vision of product is achieved during the sourcing & production process & updating them regularly on deliveries and production issues
- Partner with internal teams like import, vendor relations, and traffic teams to ensure inbound merchandise is properly coordinated for on time delivery
- Source & start up new factory relationships; negotiate appropriate costs and deliverables with sourcing partners to ensure best margin and quality are achieved for our customers!
- Work with overseas vendors to monitor development and on time delivery; participate in weekly vendor calls, voicing any concerns directly to the vendor regarding development or delivery
- Work closely with the fashion apparel design, technical design, and art teams to confirm all quality & trim submits, Lab dips, S/O’s, and fit approval deadlines are met.
- Participate in daily fittings, working with tech, design, and vendors on any production concerns, while ensuring delivery stays on time
- Manage vendor allocation & release new development TP’s in BBR to begin costing negotiations and development with vendor base
- Own & set up each month’s cost log development chart to track all vendor cost & delivery updates from design handoff to confirmed delivery
- Update our monthly Order Forms with confirmed costing, fabric, and delivery information for the fashion buying team to ensure PO’s are issued by our deadlines & review the PO’s on-order to make sure that all information aligns with our internal cost logs.
- Work closely with the product development assistant manager on all sample tracking needs, and assist in chasing vendors for any pending samples to ensure we are continually tracking to our daily deliverables
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3+ years product development experience in retail or wholesale working with overseas offices
- Experience working on licensed product a plus
- Organized, great communicator and detail oriented, proficient in Excel
- Well versed in reviewing garment test reports
- Sourcing, manufacturing, and costing wizard. You work your magic so much they call you the Harry Potter of PD & Production
- An up-to-date point of view on the latest trends & strategies in sourcing & production
- Negotiation is your middle name
- Traveled to & sourced new factories (domestic & offshore); some travel may be required
- Team player - you thrive in a team environment and are comfortable giving, and receiving, honest, direct, feedback