Hot Topic HQ - City of Industry, California - Full-time
Do you have organization skills so strong that your name might as well be Hermione? We’re looking for a Compensation Analyst to join our team! Under general direction, perform professional work providing analytical, consultative, and support services in the design, implementation, and administration of company compensation programs. This role involves conducting market research, participating in salary surveys, and developing competitive and equitable salary recommendations. This position reports to the Manager of Compensation.
Pay range is $70,000 - $80,000.
Please note the pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but other factors such as an individual’s education, location, meeting the minimum job requirements for the role, training and experience, will determine the final salary for potential new hires.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Act as central point of contact on all compensation related issues for the store organization (i.e., field) and distribution centers (DCs) including pay structures, minimum wage tracking, monthly/quarterly bonus processes, and other comp issues as needed.
- Make pay recommendations that ensure internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Respond to employee inquiries from the internal compensation inbox for HQ, DCs and field employees, escalating issues as needed.
- Collaborate with Finance to run cost impact analysis of large scale pay changes.
- Collaborate with business leaders and HR management to address compensation-related issues.
- Project manage the field and DC's focal point merit processes from end to end, including reporting, tracking, and communications. Support the corporate office merit process as needed.
- Maintain quarterly compensation related dashboards, regular on-going reporting, and ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Consult with district management in providing interpretation of multi-state compensation legislation.
- Analyze compensation-related data to evaluate the effectiveness of current compensation or bonus programs and make recommendations for improvement.
- Participate in market salary surveys.
- Stay abreast of relevant federal, state and local laws related to compensation and recommend plan changes accordingly.
- Conduct job analysis and market pricing for the field and DCs.
- Develops analytical tools and templates to be used for analysis.
- Performs other job duties as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3 years of experience in compensation or related field
- Knowledge of wage and compensation analysis procedures, including salary surveys, incentive pay, and base pay program design and administration
- Knowledge of federal and state laws that apply to compensation (e.g., FLSA, EPA, Title VII, ADEA, Pay Transparency, etc.)
- Professionalism in performing duties including exercising diligent scrutiny and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to perform advanced mathematical and analytical computations in Excel accurately and efficiently
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, Access (including query and report design), and Power BI
- Demonstrates creativity in problem solving and generating new ideas/approaches
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in math, accounting, or related field
- Knowledge of UKG Pro
- Knowledge of mail merge, macros, SQL in Access, and HTML